Friday, February 5, 2010

Is there HOPE?!

I just sent a message to my friend... it read... 'Tassels is closed and I don't know how much longer my parents are going to be together'. The sadest message I think I've sent someone. In this situation I see Satan working...

My father isn't a people person. He works so hard and comes home to his recliner, laptop, and dog. He separates himself. I remember growing up, my father would come home and we would all rush to the door to greet him and fight over who would be the one to take off his boots. His boots smelled like saw dust, which now is one of my favorite smells.. its a smell that brings me comfort. He and my mother raised us to love the Lord.

My father's 50th birthday was yesterday. My mother had wanted to take him out to eat and it ended up being her and my sisters going. After getting home, my father basically broke it off with my mother... saying, 'He would never be able to be the man he once was.'.. the man she married.

My father has had a lot of hurts in his life. He always feels like he has to be a protector and keep every situation under control. After my sister, Kristen, decided to choose living her life worldly, after Lilly passed away, after my sister, Katherine started having seizures, and after Kenneth Copeland says,'When someone dies, its because you didn't have enough faith.'.. my father has turned to drinking to cover all his hurts. With this has opened the door in his heart for Satan to enter. This is why I stress surrendering. Surrendering all your hurts to God will help to heal your heart. The Lord doesn't want us to deal with hurts on our own.

My mother goes to church every sunday without my father by her side. My mother and father NEVER go out to eat or do anything together. It hurts me to see my mom upset or unhappy. I'm 25 years old and the thought of my parents getting a divorce hurts SO bad. I don't care how old a child is, it hurts to have your parents separate. I know that if my parents were to get a divorce they wouldn't get married again.

All my life my father has taught me to turn to God for help...

Lord, I'm pleading for your help and your strength. I know you love my father and I pray, Lord, he will surrender all the hurts he is feeling to you. I pray he will also realize You are the only one who will fulfill all the desires of his heart and that alcohol will always be a temporary fix. It has hurt me to see the person who raised me to you, Lord, fall in Satan's trap. Please give me the knowledge to know what to do and strength to get through this trail set before me. I know in this situation, Lord, that my mom will be okay but I pray you will continue to give her your strength and your peace. Amen-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, Friend!