Thursday, January 27, 2011

Baby Bella: The Fighter


My heart is full of love for a baby I’ve never held or even met. Her name is Bella and she IS a fighter. Baby Bella has been diagnosed with Trisomy 18 or Edwards Syndrome. Born Monday January 24th, she weighed 4 lbs 6oz and was 16 inches in length. She is fighting for her life as all these babies have fought and are still fighting. It brings to mind this verse:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.” - John 14:1

This verse got me through after I watched my precious Lilly fight for her life. I’ve seen in four days people from all over come together on facebook in prayer for this beautiful life. From the beginning when Doctors were trying to convince her parents, Virginia and Tom to take their daughter off the ventilator that was helping her breathe.. These Doctors wouldn't perform the surgery Bella needed to remove a hernia that was preventing her to breathe. Now because of prayer, work, sweat, and tears, Bella is safe in the hands of Doctors at CHOP (Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia) to have the surgery she desperately needs. More than anything I LOVE to see prayers being answered!

Psalm 46
"God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging."

Virginia, Bella's mother, I want you to know that I think about you and Bella all the time. I pray for you all the time. Please remember that the Lord knows the desires of your heart. Bella is fighting for you! May the Lord continue to give you strength. Always look up! :) Praise Him in this storm and keep fighting for your precious daughter. I know what it is like to be a mother watching your baby fight for life and wanting SO badly to make everything better and all you are able to do is watch. I remember praying and telling the Lord to take me instead of my Lilly. Stay strong!

Remember: There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears. There will a day when the burdens of this place will be no more! What a wonderful day that is going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, Friend!