Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Women of Character! <-- I want to be!

I have devoted my time between 6am and 8am to bible study. My bible study consists of...
1. watching a sermon at www.newspring.org {{Which by the way the sermons are AWESOME}}
2. Taking my notes and writing the bible verses down.
3. Studying the bible verses

Today I watched week 2 of the series 'Beautiful'. WONDERFUL sermon! I never realized that the way I talk to my husband and about my husband has really effected our relationship. Pastor Perry spoke about 'The words we speak are a reflection of our hearts.' It's so true. I am constantly using my words to tear Michael down instead of bring him up.

WORDS!!!

Proverbs 12:4
"Agood wife is like a crown for her husband but a disgraceful wife is like a disease in his bones."

Proverbs 26:20
"Without wood, a fire will go out, and without gossip, quarreling with stop." <-- This verse really made me realize that everytime I speak negatively about Michael, it keeps my negative feeling alive. That is why forgiveness is the only way to settle disputes.

INTENTIONS!!!

"It doesn't always have to be about you!" Very hard quote for me to grasp. :(

Proverbs 5:18-19
"Be happy with the wife you married when you were young. She gives you joy, as your fountain give you water. She is lovely and graceful as a deer. Let her love always and make you happy; let her love always hold you captive."

FORGIVENESS!!

Forgive and forget! Satan brings up old bad memories to make you hate or to harm your relationship with you husband or wife. I know, Satan hates marriage and he will do everything in his power to kill, steal, and destroy.

Colossians 3:13
"Bear with each other, and forgive eah other. If someone does wrong to you, forgive that person because God forgave you."

EXPECTATIONS!!!

How can you pray over all your husband's faults and sins when you haven't and wont even pray for your own?!

Proverbs 19:13
"A foolish child brings disaster to a father, and a quarreling wife is like dripping water."

Proverbs 21:9
"It is better tolive in a corner on the roof than inside the house with a quarreling wife."

Proverbs 21:19
"It is better to live alone in the desert than with a quarreling and complaining wife."

WOW! I never realized how bad it really is to live with someone like that! All I know is I don't want to be that kind of wife. I want to be a Wife of Character. I want my beauty to show not only from the outside but inside as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, Friend!