Sunday, December 6, 2009

{LOVE} My Family


{{The Beginning}} This is a picture of my husband and I on our wedding day, June 30, 2007. This was a very happy day for everyone. First year of marriage should be the happiest year of a newlywed's life but for us.. our first year was full of trials and heartache. Strength and God's love are the foundation of our relationship and we are still building our stable home.

This is a picture of our Lilly Brie. She is so precious! On October 26, 2007, she was born to live six hours. I know she is whole and happy in Heaven. I still can't write about her without crying! :*( And, Yes I carried this beautiful little girl for nine months knowing she would die after she was born. She had a rare chromosome disorder called Trisomy 18 also known as Edwards Syndrome. The greatest gift I could have given her was life. Those nine months were mostly spend with me on my knees praying the Lord would let me hold her and for my parents to get the opportunity to meet their first Grandchild. Every second of Lilly's life was spent in the arms of her family.

This is a picture of Lilly with Papa Holt!

This is a picture of Lilly with Nana Knox!
I believe she was sent here to change my life. I guess you could say to 'save me'. Since then I have given my life to the Lord. I still have my battles but who doesn't. I'm extremely thankful to have a wonderful and supportive family!

This is Kaylee! My Niece and my Princess! :) I found out a month after losing my daughter that my sister was pregnant. I have to be honest, I felt EXTREMELY hurt. During that time, I questioned God.. A lot! I didn't understand why God would take Lilly but give my sister this healthy little girl. <---- Not that I would want Kaylee to be unhealthy.. please don't misinterpret. Sometime we will never understand God's intentions! All I know is His intentions are for good. Whenever I see my niece, she reaches for me and doesn't want to let go. That feeling is {Wonderful}!
It took Michael and I, a year and a month exactly to get pregnant! <-- I got pregnant a week after Lilly's birthday. We found out we were pregnant November 26, 2008. The day before Thanksgiving! I started to give up and I prayed when it is God's timing let it be the PERFECT timing.. and it was PERFECT. That Thanksgiving was the best Thanksgiving!
Now we have this beautiful little boy named Dylan Michael! And he is a WONDERFUL baby. I'm not saying that because he is MY baby.. he really is good. I thank God everyday.. all the time for him. Can't help but be a little over protective at times.. he is 4 months and I still check to see if he is breathing and he still sleeps in the bed with me when Micheal works nights. I feel like I didn't get to have these opportunities with Lilly so why not take advantage of them with Dylan. I'm sure he doesn't mind! :) I can't help but give him kisses all the time. His nicknames are Little Person, Dill Pickle, Dill Dill, ButBut, and I'm sure theres more! Now he has figured out his feet and he tries to put them in him mouth. Funny!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great introduction to your family--your relationship with Dylan is just so beautiful, and it really looks like you're cherishing every moment with him.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, Friend!